Entries opened 2nd January 2018.
No Events on The List at This Time
Other Swim Calendars
BLDSA President Event Attendance Requests:
Can swim secretaries who wish the 2018 BLDSA President (Mr Philip Yorke) to attend their events please contact him in writing with the appropriate details ASAP so that he can plan ahead for the coming season.
President of the British Long Distance Swimming Association 2018-19
- BLDSA Novice events are open to non-members from 10 years of age upwards.
- If any swim secretaries are reading this who have not already let me know the date of their event please email me or telephone with the relevant information or any corrections. Please include the closing date for entries and confirm if the event is to be run under BLDSA rules.
- PLEASE NOTE CLOSING DATES CAN BE UP TO 1 MONTH PRIOR TO DATE OF SWIM.
- A SAE should be enclosed with all applications for entry forms.
- Breaststroke swimmers must wear a pink cap. Freestyle swimmers must not wear pink caps.
- BLDSA. membership number must be quoted on all entry forms for BLDSA Championships, all of which will be run under BLDSA. rules. If an Affiliated Club Championship is run under BLDSA rules then any person can take part whether they are BLDSA members or indeed members of any other organisation (this is at the discretion of the organising club).
- It is the swimmer’s responsibility to provide suitably qualified boat-crew to accompany them where required.
- All swimmers are reminded that safety equipment as required in the Championship rules will in future be checked physically at the briefing meeting. Failure to comply with the requirements will mean the swimmer can be disqualified from the Championship.
- Please note events run by Clubs unaffiliated to the BLDSA may not be run under BLDSA Championship Rules.